- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large shallot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups dried apples (packed)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 pound boneless center-cut pork loin roast (short and wide - about 7-8 inches long and 4-5 inches wide)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Before starting on the pork, put the pork roast in the freezer for 30 minutes to make it easier to cut. While the pork is chilling, you can make the filling.
2 Bring all the filling ingredients to simmer in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until apples are very soft, about 20 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, reserving the liquid. Use a rubber spatula to press against the apple mixture in the sieve to extract as much liquid out as possible. Return liquid to saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, set aside and reserve this liquid for use as a glaze. Pulse apple mixture in food processor, about fifteen 1-second pulses. Set aside.