- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon dark brown soft sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Cut off the top of the pumpkin and scrape out seeds. Place the butter and brown sugar inside the pumpkin and sprinkle with cinnamon. Put the pumpkin top back on and place pumpkin in a roasting tray with a little water in the bottom.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
Try a red onion squash instead of pumpkin - they're the perfect size and in season from late August.