- 5 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- handful chopped fresh basil
- 100ml (4 fl oz) olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (500g) pack pasta, any shape you prefer
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil and olive oil in a non-metallic bowl. Stir in salt. Cover with cling film. Allow to sit at room temperature at least 2 hours, or as long as 10 hours.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain. Pour uncooked sauce over hot pasta, and toss. Add grated Parmesan cheese to your liking.